While they might not be considered the best films from their respective studios by some critics and film historians, these are my personal favorite animated films. Some films I grew up watching and others I just recently saw for the first time. Whether it's my nostalgia kicking in or a new-found sense of admiration for the effort put into their production, these films are, to me, the best.
|Disney's "Sleeping Beauty"|
1. Sleeping Beauty (1959)
2. The Lion King (1994)
3. The Little Mermaid (1988)
4. The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh (1977)
5. Beauty and the Beast (1991)
6. The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
7. The Land Before Time (1988)
8. The Prince of Egypt (1998)
9. One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)
|DreamWorks' "ThePrince of Egypt"|
1. How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
2. Ratatouille (2007)
3. Toy Story (1995)
4. A Bug's Life (1998)
5. Tangled (2010)
7. Wall-E (2008)
8. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (2008)
9. Ice Age (2002)
10. How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
...okay, fine. (10) Madagascar (2005)
Eventually, I'll work my way up to writing in detail about each film and why I love it so much. Obviously, there are plenty more films I would have liked to have listed, but these are the cream of the crop. They might be there because I am inspired by their passionate stories, influenced by their artistic qualities, or simply because I watch them every chance I get.
Some honorable mentions include "The Incredibles" (2004), "Over the Hedge" (2006), "Bolt" (2008), and "Cinderella" (1950).